Friday, September 17, 2010

Home - where I spend my vacation

The home where I spend my vacation is now closed
The paths I played on rainy days have dried up
Kitchen garden waits for somebody’s footsteps
Banana tree are waiting to be plucked; alas! There are no children.

Cousins I met and had fun with, have grown apart
Grandmother I once lived with – now lives with cherished memory that is a sore.
Love that once bounced with cherished smile, laughter and screams
Have gone astray in winds.
Spirit of my childhood have been lost in elderly fights, ego and clashes.

Why did I ever grow up?



I miss the rain, starlit glittered sky that I shared with my siblings,
Those innocent silly plays on Amrudh trees, swinging on its branches,
glaring fishes in the well.

Who wants to grow up when there is so much of beauty
in abundance in childhood. Alas!!! It remains as an unattended graveyard.
Time that possess all, never returns. And memory tends to fade.
Emotions are more expensive than watching a movie in a hall. I would never
return to those woods coz, it's lonely and abandon. I am only left with the stories
to be unfurled to my little ones. Home, which they might never see, 
laughter, which I would fail to hear again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment