Tuesday, September 21, 2010

AMMA...

I at 25, have not stopped combating with my Ma… I have been juggling in frenzied brawl with a person who has looked after me for a very long while.

Best part of this relationship is that, after all those fights; my mom is acquainted with how to make me feel culpable even if it was her blunder. She would be nice to me, prepare food and try to chat.

"Marriage", can be the fuming subject matter that would blaze up your lungs and is lethal for your brains. Our relation has been a roller coaster. I constantly blame her for her infuriated ferociousness against me since as a kid. When I used to come back home with below average marks, it was she who used to beat me with her knife on my knuckles. Ooch!!! It hurts and within the small room of that flat there was no space of hiding or running off. And, the pain became deeper when my brother used to flash his flying colors like a victorious vindictive nasty King.

At my teenage, her nagging about my friends was an upfront argument. “You cannot go with him, what will people say? “To heck with people and society”, quoted I. Did she love me or the society more? After much commotion, I won her heart. But, beneath all this adversity lay the hand of a maestro – My Dad…

He acclaimed to be best know ME person; I was so close to him that WE were The Team. He never had an urge to have a battle against me. Poor Chap!!! he loved me and was entirely not capable to have a clash with me. After all, I was the treasured lovable first kid whom he cherished the most in his life. Yet, he the one who set flames between me and amma coz, he always bought her in front of him as his shield in the battle. Poor Ma…she never had an alternative but to have word to word encounter with me.

My anger transformed into silent ignorance for whatsoever she said… She became more enraged like a fuming volcano. But, one thing perpetually remained an unchanged factor and that was my guilt and my awkwardness to tell her, how much I love her… My habitual ignorance for being such an idiot.

I love you Amma… for being there and silently taking care of me. You have been doing all the household chores like your contractual obligation yet you never strained us to do it. And, I know you love me more than you love your son, my Niks!!! Yet our combat is a never ending unsettled wave of the turbulent sea under the gorgeous looking moonlit night.

That's my Amma who loves gardening....Mothers they always love to nuture!!!


5 comments:

  1. fantastically written piece of love and the silent upsurge of clashes that are usual in any relationship. amazing combination of words and really positive also to admit how much we love our mums-dads and vice-versa. loved it g. brilliantly woven jargons which say a lot then can be conveyed face to face. hoping to read a lot like this one...love and peace really commendable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, what astonishes me is even I came out my mothers womb, I am so much part of her yet have such big differences on how we see life. It's amazing how nature has designed us to be a part of eachother yet functioning so differently.

    Today, I got up only to hear I am getting married once our home gets furnished in Kerala. All this happens without my knowledge. How am I supposed to react... Holy shit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have impressed me by you eloquence, command of the language, and a flair for the apt phrase.

    Secondly, I believe your Amma must be a perfectionist and she expect the same from you being her extended personality. So, be empathetic to look into her view point and also believe that she loves you most...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom must see this..she would love that

    ReplyDelete