Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Invisible Boundaries

Those boundaries I never saw, was felt within - breeding like a venom.
God did not create religion, he did not create differences...


Sree Narayana Guru was said to be followed by the downtrodden and by rich,
Alas!he failed in his own teaching. His path now belonged to *Thiyya !!
He said, **Orru Jaathi, Orru Madham, Orru Devam - Maushiyeen..
Followers never followed his beliefs. How did they become his pupils then?
I question, the answer I received, tagged me as a terrorist.


They call me insane for being a rebel,
They are least bothered of my thoughts because I am a girl,
They point their fingers stating I am impractical and talk nonsense.


Marrying a Muslim is not a way of going against your mother, I smirk
with a pity on them.They think, 
He a Muslim will ruin me.
Who gave them the right to chose our religion
before our names;
who gave them the authority to force their conventional beliefs
on Us !!


I wonder haven't they changed since the day they were born,
they who learned to walk, to talk, go to school and got married,
then why is it so hard for them to accept Us to be doing the same,
Being the Change, they were in their times and now We are in ours..


Why is it so difficult to leap across our egos and boundaries
when they merrily aren't even a Shadow that would touch us,


They say I am idealistic,
wasn't Aruna Asaf Ali, Gandhi, Bhagat Singh or Tagore; I know each one
of them are incomparable 
but they were humans too like me and you.


I wasn't an atheist; I have prayed like a Christian and a Muslim
and my prayers were answered by the Omnipresent;
they were flabbergasted to see my faith.
I didn't belong to any religion yet Krishna,
occupied a crucial space in my heart;
he always responded,
assuring his presence in my Life!!


My identity was a Malayalee who didn't know
how to read Malayalam.
I lived in Delhi for more than 20 years
but sought for a simple life in countryside.
Home is where your heart is..


I worked and idealized myself to be in theaters
and to be with tribal; 
Why they would ask? Why can't you be like others? Quiet and married,
how could I be,
when the question prodded like a maggot;
Why can't they have what I have?
Does the luxury stop at my door step?


For me my Freedom is a  new Saga!!
It was melodious even in the stony path.
The so called beliefs,
were nothing but an invisible boundary for me,
I have chosen my path and
I will be the way I am
until I live...


Greeshma

*Thiyya: a Hindu caste in Kerala
**Orru Jaathi....: One Caste, One Religion, One God for all Humans

No comments:

Post a Comment