Friday, September 16, 2011

Blank Notes


We shared poetries, stories and romance.
Today, the space that was once filled with the essence and color of orchid 
is an abandoned heart that creeks with pain.

You, my stranger, took me away from happiness 
to the world of ecstasy, romance and stars, the same world 
to where, Krishna took his Radha by the river side. 

Alas! I thought you would stay even without the promises, 
as I hadn’t asked  for any. Yet you moved away like a 
shooting star in space, leaving behind beautiful memories
that can't be washed away from my blood and the soul they clung to.

I did not utter a word, Nor did I know of a name to call.
A name that would make you stay.
Lover, friend or stranger.

Each step, every footprint you left behind
Lingered like a blank note in the corner of my heart.  

Perhaps, as you say, your parting is to be celebrated.
Celebrate me even if I leave, you said. Celebrate my growth and joy
Celebrate each step I take closer to understanding me.

And I would gaze, gaze at you with saggy eyes and say, 
“yes, yes my love,  I would celebrate you, each day as it comes..”
And, we both realize, what a precious price we paid, to part our ways
For a peaceful life.  A peaceful life without the joy of having each other!!

-- Greeshma

1 comment: